Saturday, August 05, 2006

Savvy

So I guess I should start off by introducing Savvy. Savvy is Taklimakan Capt Jack Sparrow. He is a black and white Border Collie dog born June 12, 2006. He by ADCH MACH2 Ch Pikkupaimenen Dream Catcher CD ROMX out of BonniDune's Wanna Fly By Dawn RN CGC HIC. He is the puppy I kept from Fly's first litter.

Savvy obviously derives his name from Johnny Depp's character in Pirates of the Caribbean. Pirates is one of my favorite movies. I think front to back it is one of the best movies ever created. Needless to say that when the sequel, Dead Man's Chest, came out I was in line to see it opening night. The puppies were almost 4 weeks old and Savvy, who was then known as Clint, was rapidly growing on me. As I was sitting in the theater with my best friend, Kelly, it hit me like a bolt of lightning. He is totally Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy is the trouble maker of the litter. He's always the one getting into things, investigating, beating his brothers up, and growling constantly. To top it off he has a black spot in the middle of his white collar, making him a "marked man". :-)

Via pictures he was a lot of people's favorites, mostly because his markings are atypical. After meeting him in person he won a lot more people over. Savvy has a very outgoing temperament. He has some structure faults, but conformation will not be my main focus with him. I want a good performance dog and he has the personality for it. I truly believe that in part you don't choose the dog, the dog chooses you. I was horrified by his markings when he was born. I wanted puppies with a lot of white on them. However, after his eyes opened his personality began to show through and I started to fall hard for him. At the same time he started to fall for me as well. It is to the point now that he screams when I am holding one of his brothers. He is the first one to the box when I come home from work. He wants to be with me, even though he is incredibly independent and strong-willed.

Here are some pictures of Savvy as a baby.

6 weeks old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



4 weeks old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Tony and Savvy - 9 Days Old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Savvy - 1 week old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Savvy - 12 hours old

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: